Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Alive...barely

Hello. Way too long since an update, let me get you up to speed...

School has been hell for this first month. Multiple schedule changes, annoying arguments with advisers/professors/secretaries, waiting around for distance courses to open up, submitting and resubmitting loan applications, etc etc etc. I've also been sick for going on a week now. The infection is beginning to go away (slowly) so by the end of the week I should be through it.

As some of you may have known, I was trying out for the BSU Bowling Team. I ended up making the team, so I'm excited about that. This doesn't really cut into my life too much, practice is only twice a week for about 3 hours, although I do bowl Friday and Saturday additionally.

The add/drop period is nearing for this term, so a lot of the annoying issues I'm dealing with will be out of the way regardless if I get them resolved or not. Hopefully then I can get back into a decent schedule of working on OpenMRS in some of my free time. I anticipate being able to get a lot of work done on some weekends when my other half goes back home to visit her family and work, so that should help me out a bit as far as scheduling is concerned.

So, I'm still here and my intentions are still the same. Expect some more iterations of the installer within the next few weeks. I look forward to getting them out there, that's for sure. Until then, take care.

3 comments:

Ben Wolfe said...

Great to hear you're still above water. Let me know if/when you get any free time.

What steps are left on the installer? As I remember, you were getting very close to a release candidate. There have a been a good number of changes with the war file, one of which should be that you can now just rename the war file in order to get a different context name. Be sure to get an updated war before your next release.

private said...

As far as the naive installer, I just have to resolve the Tomcat issue so that it is using the OpenMRS NET account we are creating. Same deal with it's not accepting the password that is given from the installer, but if I go in and manually clear it out and reenter it, it works fine. Once that is out of the way, the naive installer should do everything silently and perfectly. With the changes in the WAR file I anticipate having to make some changes, although it will make a lot of things easier, or at least "better" in terms of them being able to specify a different webapp name, and then the installer can rename the WAR to that name. Is my understanding of that correct?

Ben Wolfe said...

Yes, just rename the war file and you'd be good to go.