Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome. Beginning on May 28th, I'll be giving daily (hopefully) updates related to my experience during this years Google Summer Of Code. I'm working for a great organization, OpenMRS, which is run by a lot of great people. To find out more about OpenMRS, check out their website here: http://www.openmrs.org Excuse the dust, they are remodeling :)

Over the course of the Summer, I'll primarily give updates related to the development process on my project, an installer application for the OpenMRS system. I will also talk a bit about my day-to-day experiences as a professional software developer. Google Summer Of Code provides a GREAT opportunity to get your feet wet getting paid to do what you love, and for me, that's software engineering. I can't think of a better way to spend my Summer, or any day for that matter, than writing software.

So, stay tuned, and until then, wet your appetite with the OpenMRS main page mentioned above, as well as my developer homepage located at: http://openmrs.org/wiki/User:Zachelko

Until then, take care!

Zach J. Elko

No comments: